It is curious to me that while David Broder (columnist) and Rush Limbaugh
(?) both hold conservative viewpoints and Broder is the fairer, more
knowledgeable of the two, a laarger group of people prefer Limbaugh.  Is
it hype or is it intellect or is it pent-up bigotry or is it that American
schooling and culture have never encouraged thoughtfulness or is it  a wild
combination of all four elements with several other factors thrown
in to boot?

These people (RL & HS) pander to the lowest common denominator in our
culture....something TV has always done remarkably well.  Does anyone
have any hope that the NET will allow for a wider scope of opinions so
there will be more room for people to think for themselves rather than
depending on such outrageousness as promoted by Limbaugh and Stern?  Or Who
thinks we are in for anarchy?  (LM_NET excluded of course).

On Sat, 11 Feb 1995, Henry Gordon wrote:

> I had to give some thought to this question posed in the March/April '95
> issue of Mad Magazine.
>         "Trying to improve literacy in a country where the best selling
> books are by Rush Limbaugh and Howard Stern...why bother?"

LM_NET Archive Home