I have a small form that I use to give feedback to teachers who send students
to the library.  If the kids are fine, I usually give them the "report" to
take back to class with them (They love showing their teachers that they can
be independent).  If I have problems, I send the students back to class and
 put the "report" in the teacher's box.  I usually follow up at a later time
with the teacher to make sure something was said to the students.  This has
worked well, because the teachers then have something in writing from me to
show the kids the next time they want to come to the library. Sometimes they
give students a second chance and sometimes they don't. I rarely have
problems with the "second chance" students because they know my expectations.

Katie Williams
Los Cerros Middle School
Danville, Ca 94526
kwillia@aol.com