LM_NETers. Since you have proved to be the best source of
information except perhaps rumor/urban legend, I have a query.

We have Internet access, to a degree. We get e:mail, we can
telnet, there are some gophers we can reach, etc.

Then last week I visited a school that has an "ISDN line," and
I was blown away. They get video, sound, hypertext, they can
do searches of cyberspace in seconds, etc.

As far as I know the only things they have that we don't are
these: the ISDN line, higher speed modems, a big MAC of some kind
for the motion/video, a camera to show who's home on their home page.

We have been told at our school that we also have an ISDN line. We must
depend on local German phone folks, slow-moving engineers, etc. when
anything gets done. What is needed to get access like our neighbor
school has? This may lack important information for a good answer,
but can anyone detail for me in general what has to happen for ISDN
access? It might be enough to get the right questions going out at
least.

Thanks for any help,

Dana Pope
popeda@heidelberg-emh2.army.mil