I, too, have had the same problems with Grolier 95, which has prompted me
to reinstall the 94 version until I get things settled.  The tech dept.
is very hard to get and I just do not have the time to sit on hold during
the school day for hours on end.  I have held on as long as 45 min., and
this was from home on an afternoon we closed early because of inclimate
weather.  I hope they can right the problem.  Their "new design" is full
of flaws!!
Toni Wooten

On Fri, 10 Feb 1995, Lone Pine School wrote:

> After reading Patricia Gosda's posting about printing problems with
> Grolier '95, I installed mine, which arrived yesterday.  What a
> dissapointment!  There are LOTS of problems with this thing!
>
> 1. The "print selection" option is no longer available, even though it is
> refered to in the manual.  One of the advantages of Grolier, in my mind,
> was that students could easily highlight and print portions of articles,
> rather than run the whole thing.  And copying to a clipboard is far too
> cumbersome for third graders.
>
> 2.  You do have the option of printing a range of pages; however, the
> page numbers are not longer indicated in the article.  Is this supposed
> to be a guessing game?
>
> 3.  While I can print without problem on my Power PC, my LC575 freezes
> every time.
>
> 4.  The program tried to install a new quicktime driver.  My computer
> already has it, so everytime I start up the machine, I get a screen that
> says it is unable to load the quicktime as it is already present, and I
> have to click OK.  Not a big problem, but a pain.
>
> Of course, I have been unable to get through to tech support.  For now, I
> plan to re-install the '94.  If anyone has run into any of this and has
> any suggestions, I would appreciate it.  Also, if anyone knows who I can
> complain to about the elimination of the "print selection" option, and be
> heard, I would appreciate that as well.
>
> Denise Moll
> Lone Pine Elementary
> lpe@oeonline.com