Thanks to all the people who replied to my query about CDRom research
products.  This is a summary for all those who asked for a hit.

            13 use/prefer MAS.  Some comments:
                Just a note to let you know how much MAS is favored
                by our students and faculty. Do not have Infotrack so
                cannot respond.  We also have CD-Newsbank.  Kids want
                to use the full txt stuff.

                When we tested MAS and TOM side by side 2 and a half
                years ago the choice of teachers and students was
                overwhelmingly for MAS.  We have MAS Elite.  I haven't
                used TOM since then; don't know what improvements
                there may have been.

                I am really a BIASED user of MAS Select.  I did not
                like TOM for the selections or the fact that I would
                have to deal with microfiche.  I would purchase MAS
                Elite if I had the funds.

                This is the first year that we have MAS Select in our
                K-12 library....I have found that Ebsco's support is
                tremendous.  We chose the Select due to cost.

                The other thing that made me stand up and applaud was
                EBSCO understands how their product will be used and
                is not charging for networking.

            3 for TOM:

                I have used TOM index only, SuperTom, Newsbank Index
                with micrtofiche, and Newsbank Full Text.  We are
                currently subscribing to Newsbank and have our old
                TOM running.  We have SuperTom on loan to do a side-by
                side comparison.  My colibrarian and I agree that
                SuperTom is the best product based on ease of use,
                keyword search strategies, ...With Newsbank, the user
                must exit each module to move between full text
                newspaper, full text periodicals, etc.

            2 for Newsbank:

                You might want to postpone your decision on Toms
                until you have tried the new Newsbank Periodical
                Index with full text.  I just got my preview....but
                it has some of the best magazines full text (I was
                disappointed with Toms choices).

My first question concerned TOM and NEWSBANK, but the response about
MAS has made me take a second look (or a "third").
   I hope this helps others.

George Anne Draper
Wynne, Arkansas
gdraper@wps.k12.ar.us