I hadn't seen anything on this list, so I thought I'd post
this.

Dr. Elizabeth Futas, director of the University of Rhode Island
Graduate School of Library and Information Studies, died while
attending the ALA conference in Philadelphia.  She was a wonderful
and inspiring professor and will be missed.

Anyone in (or near) Rhode Island--there will be a memorial service for
Dr. Futas in the Galanti Lounge of the URI Library at 3:00 p.m. on
Friday, March 3rd.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I thought any out-of-state
colleagues who knew Dr. Futas would want to know.

Patricia Long
Librarian, Lincoln Junior-Senior High School
Lincoln, Rhode Island
pllinhs@uriacc.uri.edu

LM_NET Archive Home