I don't think stamping the LMC stamp at strategic places on the photos is
censorship so much as a method of preserving the magazine.  Yes, sometimes it
does cover something I'd rather not have young students see so clearly.  Quite
honestly, if every issue of SI was like this one special one in Feb., I would
not subscribe in the first place.
        For the most part, it's just not that big a deal.  The secretary who
sorts the mail puts it in an envelope, so no one intercepts it before I see it.

        I have in the past, had administrators/coaches who have taken it before
I saw my own mail.  This bothers me, as I think I should see first those items
purchased with funds for which I am responsible.  However, if your
administrators do not support you, I don't know how much you can do.

        It's kind of neat to see that something like this is a "problem" lots
of places, and I enjoy reading the different solutions, opinions, and humor.
Rita

LM_NET Archive Home