    Our library is just starting to purchase books that
    contain computer diskettes in pockets. We are looking at
    what options available to circulate such material.

      Have any libraries out on the net developed
    policies that:
    1. inform students,patrons of the copyright provisions as
    stated on disk, in book, ? notice placed in book?
    2. virus protection and checking for viruses(library is
    not responsible for any contaminated disks?)some disks are
    not copy-protected thus could be possible for virus to
    show up when next student/patron checks out material?
    3. are disks checked by staff member upon return for
    theft, damage, virus?
    4. tattle-detection tape being used on disks

    Thank you,

    Steve Tash Ed Tech Librarian,Saddleback College
    Instructor "Earning Academic Credit for Travel"
    email:Tash_s@sccd.cc.ca.us@smtp

LM_NET Archive Home