To observe Earth Week in late March/early April the teachers and
students at our jr. hi. will be doing an integrated curriculum unit
with water as the theme. Many projects, speakers, displays and
activities are being planned in all curricular areas.

A reading/lit. teacher has asked for recommendations for fiction
books with water connection. Pollution, recycling, conservation,
rivers, water sports, the power of water (storms, floods,
generating electricity) etc.

What are your suggestions or favorites?   (for upper elementary
and jr. hi. levels)     Will post a HIT.

Also, our annual (and oft dreaded) 8th grade research papers will
be coming up soon and some teachers would like to encourage students
to tie the water theme in with their research. We would welcome any
suggestions for good non-fiction books relating to water as well.

As always, thanks much!

Sue Hothem
Cedar Heights El. Sch.   (MTW)
   & General Sherman JHS  (ThF)