     * From: Bob Koechley <koechley@STUDENTS.WISC.EDU>
     * Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 09:02:26 -0600

> [ ... ]
>
> As we Netscape users have discovered, by using Netscape, all of the
> complexity and attendent training problems of using the Net disappear.

I want to point out that Lynx is an excellent browser, which also
has this same effect. All locations are reachable via the same
interface: ftp, gopher, www, telnet. If you are clever you can even
manage to read e-mail with it! I do that sometimes (I just figured
out how). And, for the super-clever (I exclude myself from this
group), it is possible to read Usenet with lynx.

> Several months ago, I began compiling a bookmark list (hotlist in Mosaic,
> bookmark in Netscape) of addresses which are useful for school librarians,
> & support the K-12 curriculum. A bookmark list is a list of URL (universal
> [ ... ]

Lynx also builds a bookmark file with well-constructed URLs...

> I was surprized by the extreme gratitude I received recently when I shared
> my bookmark list with some colleagues.  They acted like I'd given them keys
> to the kingdom.  I guess I did in a way.[ ... ]

... which also serve as keys to the kingdom...

> If you can run Netscape & would like to have a copy of my bookmark list &
> can receive attachments in your mail system,  I will email the list to you.
> Other arrangements are possible.

... and which are every bit as interchangeable. And to interchange
them, you don't even need to send bookmark files as attachments.
Merely including them in the text is adequate for sharing.

Exchanging bookmark files is a banner idea! Actually, now that
I think of it, you can see mine here:

http://www.access.digex.net/~reimann/rolodex.html

And my web site generally begins with just /~reimann. The focus
is higher ed.

Just thought I'd share my lynx tips...

Carl

Carl Reimann  <reimann@access.digex.net>
Founder, Alliance for Global Academic Progress (AGAP) (non-profit)

Owner, E-Forums:

Higher Education Processes (HEPROC-L@AMERICAN.EDU)
Newer Patterns in Education (NEWEDU-L@UHCCVM.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU)
New Marketing Patterns (HEP2-L@AMERICAN.EDU)
Higher Education Database (HEP3-L@AMERICAN.EDU)
Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE-L@AMERICAN.EDU)

Archives and higher education materials:

                http://www.access.digex.net/~reimann