Hi,
I have been lurking on this list for some time and now I have a chance to
pose my first question.  I have been asked by a local private school to help
them organize their library.  What they have is a collection of about 10,000
items -- older items and many paperbacks.  Their is no shelf list of any
kind.  The items have been organized on the shelf by author.  Their is no
catalog of any of the materials.

The school has limited funds but would like to start with an automated
system.  It doesn't make much sense to print cards and then switch to an
online system in a couple of years.  The school has a limited budget and
can only afford to purchase a couple of computer workstations to start.
I have looked into a couple of integrated systems -- Winnebago and Columbia.
Winnebago seems to expensive and I don't know much about Columbia.  I am
looking for suggestions from anyone who has been through a project such
as this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated -- I would love to learn
from the experiences of the talented people on this net.

Sincerely,
Barb Schmidt
BASCHMIDT@DELPHI.COM

LM_NET Archive Home