So that students can help to spread the word, in my freshman orientation
every fall, I detail the certification and education held by me and our
assistant librarian.  Sometimes students seem impressed and teachers
occasionally are.  I assure them that we are well qualified to do the job
we have and that the state education requirements require a teaching
certificate and both of us have been classroom teachers and hold
education credentials beyond the bachelors degree.  We also post our
college certificates in conspicuous places.  If we don't tell them,
nobody else will!

LM_NET Archive Home