Dear Netters,
     Thank you for the numerous replies to my questions
regarding policies for discipline in HS libraries.  I had asked
a number of questions that dealt with the following:

1.  What happens when students from SH use their time for
socializing instead of working or reading quietly - congegating
in the stacks - moving from table to table and visiting instead
of productive activities.

        Replies:  Send them back to SH, ASAP after at least one
warning.

2.  Are students permitted to sleep in the library.

        Replies:  Absolutely not.

3.  What happens if a student is caught defacing or destroying
materials in the LMS?

        Replies:  Referred for discipline to office and/or
forced to pay for damaged property.

4.  How long are students banned from the LMC for misbehaving?

        Replies:  Time frame for banning depends on the
severity of infraction or rude behavior.  Much of this depended
on the type of principal in the building and degree of support
for LMC program.

Mostly, I found that we are all experiencing the same
difficulties with students who use our facilities for
socializing rather than for productive research, but it was
indeed helpful to hear that we all seem to be in consensus with
what to do about these problems.

Thanks for your help. . . . again, and again.

LM_NET Archive Home