I recently bought a new Eiki product that has a CD player and a cassette
tape.  It is square and sturdy-looking, but has good speakers (built-in)
and standard features.  I don't have my PO here at home but I seem to
remember it cost about $275.  I decided to try it because I thought its
appearance would discourage anyone from ripping it off--I'm a middle
school librarian.  I know you can buy a boom box for a lot less, but I
was hoping for durability in a school setting.  So far I've been very
pleased with the sound quality, even in my 1930's library with its
soaring 20 foot ceiling, and I'm experimenting with playing Mozart, a
good idea from LM_NET!  wcuniff@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home