I have a teacher who wants to plan - schoolwide - a week of pledged "no
T.V." as a way of promoting family reading.  Has anyone ever done this?  How
did you set it up?  If we were to track numbers of pages read in the home
for the week (including newspaper, magazines, books read to children,
independent pleasure reading, reading for professional reasons, etc.), what
is a target number of pages per family to set as a goal?  The principal is
willing to do something quite silly if the goal is met, so we have to set
one, but I don't know what is realistic.

* amangels@quiknet.com (Anne Mangels) *
* Library Media Coordinator           *
* Rocklin Unified School District     *
* 2751 Breen Drive,                   *