I agree with Ka
y Talbot.  some of us do not have all the books that can answer
questions that we post to the list.  I certainly exhausted my sources when I
asked about Chinese New Year.  It also was very powerful to be able to
go to a teacher who asked that question in the first place.  Her eyes lit
up.  She realized that I had my finger on the pulse of the whole world.  She
is a believer now in using the computer to get info.  She showed all the
gratifying that they acknowledged the librarian who found the info from
all the other helpful librarians out there on the net.  It makes good PR.
Sure it is alot of e-mail to scan through and I can see how a person can
get irritated--after all it's been ages since I had time to read a book or
magazine--I read e-mail.  How my life has changed since I joined this group--but
  I LIKE it.  I have a massive support group out there.  I am not alone in this
world--I have you.  Thanks.  Sandy Haggstrom  ftslh@aurora.alaska.edu

LM_NET Archive Home