I do not usually disagree with Carol Simpson but as far as e-mail or
email I'm not sure which, I have always been told that email is NOT
private and treat your postings as if you do not care who reads them.
That is because they are NOT secure.  If someone states in a post that it
is intended for you only or that it is not to be distributed for general
knowledge that is one situation.  We would be better served if we post to
the list only fact and opinions that we would want the entire free and
communist world (what is left of it) to read.  I'm not sayin that you are
wrong Carol, this just may be the easier "row to hoe".

Clete Schirra                           schirrac@icarus.lis.pitt.edu
South Park High School Media Center     schirra@calvin.cc.duq.edu
2178 Ridge Road                         (412) 655-0613 voice
Library PA 15129                        (412) 655-2952 fax

On Fri, 24 Feb 1995, Lois Roberts wrote:

> I agree with Carol--although I usually say within the body of the message
> that the information is private, I would like to think that unless I knew
> that the recipient planned to share it with the world that my message was
> private...or at least shared with a select few!  sometimes I open my mouth
> and insert my foot without even being aware I have done so.
> Lois Roberts Bishop O'Dowd HS Library, Oakland, Ca lrobert@odowd.pvt.k12.ca.us

LM_NET Archive Home