Several people asked me to post Newt's address if I received it.
Following is the address I received.  I received it just as you see it
and also in all lower-case.  I sent it the way I am showing it and got a
reply.
        Georgia6@HR.House.Gov

How do you find e-mail addresses of other senators and representatives?

We recently had a discussion of sending messages of support for public
broadcasting.  I said I had no replies or acknowledgements of my
messages.  Since then I have had a reply from my Senator, Phil Gramm, and
from my Congressional representative, Tom DeLay.  Gramm doesn't support
PBS, but he hedged a little bit.  Tom DeLay was for cutting public
broadcasting's budget to zero - for reasons I thought were stupid.  Why
am I not surprised?  He said you can get the same type of stuff on
C-SPAN, CNN, and other cable channels.  Big deal.  My daughter can get
PBS, she can't get any cable stations where she is.  Also, he objects to
the fact that the creators of such programs as Sesame Street make
millions per year off their products, yet they are on PBS.  Could someone
tell me how that relates?  I don't know what the fact that the creators
make money has to do with the fact that people get to view it over PBS.
How would selling advertising to sponsors for the program change that and
why should it?  I don't have to buy the Sesame Street products (and
don't) but still want the show.  Besides, I thought creating a good
product and making money was the free enterprize system at its best and
the American way and all that.  Explain to me.

Diane Durbin
dianed@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home