In telling me why he is opposed to funding the Corporation for Public
Broadcasting, my representative, Tom DeLay, said that the nonpartisan
Center for Media and Public Affairs analyzed 225 PBS programs in the late
1980s and reported in 1992 that "the balance of opinion tilted
consistently in a liberal direction" on issues ranging from gay rights to
the Cold War.  He says PBS's failure to offer balanced programming is a
contributing factor as to why taxpayer subsidies should be closely
scrutinized.

What is the Center for Media and Public Affairs?  Is it really nonpartisan?
Does anybody know anything about this study of 225 programs?

Diane Durbin
dianed@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home