Per several responses to my posting, I think I need to clarify my position
here:  I am not speaking of paraprofessionals, but of professional librarians
with an MLS, second master's (sometimes an M.Ed!), and sometimes classroom
experience who are considered second-class citizens by the public school
intelligentsia...all right, perhaps that's a little unfair, but the major
point of my posting is that there are some excellent professional librarians
in private schools, and I don't see that a lack of certification (among
otherwise excellent credentials) has hurt them.  In short, all school librari-
ans do not work in public schools!

LM_NET Archive Home