Re:  Puzzles and Toys in Library

Dear Susan and all,

I wish I had the space to add puzzles and toys to the collection.  What a
wonderful idea.  I know some public libraries house a collection of
"special needs toys" for children with disabilities.  I had never thought
about doing this in the school library, but it makes sense, especially in
schools where there is a disabled population (and with inclusion this will
soon be all of us).

I see the need for selection guidelines that could be applied to donations.
Otherwise you could end up with all kinds of junk.

Now if I could just find some more space ... (oh yes, and time!) ;-)

Debbie Pinckard
pinckardd@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us

LM_NET Archive Home