Why would anyone waste $250 (or any amount) on a set of encyclopedias up
to 5 years old? It doesn't matter that the set would be for in-class
projects. Misinformation and/or dated information is wrong regardless of
whether it comes from the classroom or the library.
Deborah Chaney
Instructional Coordinator
Library/Media Services
Irving(TX)ISD

On Mon, 27 Feb 1995, Selina Gomez wrote:

> Hello all!  First I would like to say thank you for all the help on the
> Technology Connection question.  I don't think my first thank you went
> through.  I was pleased to get a message from someone in Linworth
> Publishing to respond to me.
>         I have another question coming from a teacher in the English
> department.  Out school has offered each teacher $250 to spend for
> student use.  This teacher would like to buy a set of encyclopedias for
> classroom use.  Her set is 15 years old and she is looking for a set 5
> years old or newer that someone would be willing to sell for $250.  As
> you all have been so helpful before and full of ideas, can anyone help me
> find a set for this teacher?  This set is meant for her classsroom use
> only for in-class assignments.
>

> Selina Gomez-Beloz, Librarian           (312) 534-4059  voice
> Roberto Clemente Media Center           (312) 534-4012  fax
> 1147 North Western Avenue, Chicago IL  60622
> sgomez@firefly.prairienet.org   gomez@alexia.lis.uiuc.edu

LM_NET Archive Home