In agreement with the other "testimonies" being posted, we find our
Vertical File to be invaluable and irreplaceable.  One area that it helps
with a great deal is local history and development.  Since much of that
type information never makes the standard publishing houses (or CD-ROM
producers) it is necessary to clip local papers, collect local pamphlets
and guides, and seek out other esoteric sources.  There are many subjects
of that type for which maintaining a Vertical File offers the difference
between having adequate needed information or not being able to meet
student needs.

I do not have regular help keeping the VF up-to-date, and so it isn't --
but it is still valuable and worth what scraps of time I can give to it.

Katharine Bruner                        Brown Middle School
brunerk@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us          Harrison TN (near Chattanooga)

LM_NET Archive Home