Ann,

Just for security purposes I would never choose to put my CD's on a dasiy
chane.  At hyndreds of dollars per CD you stand to loose a lot if someone
takes a CD home.  Another issue is that of multiple CD sets.  My infotrac
uses 3 CD's.  I'm not sure how that would work on with the CD's located
in different machines.  Towers are prety cheap we just got a price on our
third tower with 7 drives and controler card for $3,000. I think the
peace of mind is worth it.  When you consider that the 3 CD Infotrac set
sells for over $5,000 the cost is inline.

gmann@acy.digex.net        GORDON         mann@flash.rowan.edu
                            MANN
Mainland Regional H.S.                    Rowan College of NJ
1301 Oak Ave.             LIBRARIAN       201 Mullica Hill Rd.
Linwood, NJ 08221                         Glassboro, NJ 08028
SCHOOL:609-926-0287                       HOME:609-390-8513

On Thu, 5 Jan 1995, Ann Bartlett wrote:
 Is it better to daisy-chain individual drives to a server or would a tower
> with drives work better?
>
> Ann Bartlett                    aebartlett@delphi.com
> Central High School Library               or
> Cape Girardeau, MO              adk003@mail.connect.more.net

LM_NET Archive Home