Yes! The vertical file is alive and well....at least we use it a lot!  I
have a new group of parent volunteers who are re-doing the whole thing
and making it a wonderful resource.  We now have a complete set of
brochures from each state tourist bureau, literature from a wide variety
of associations and  special interest groups and have just sent for
country info from the embassies.  Students are referred to it from the
card catalog (no automation here yet...sigh) and have used it quite a
bit.  It is an excellent resource.  We have only 2 computers, so students
must rotate for time on it- the vert. file is another great source.
(p.s. I try to get extra pamphlets on important topics so that students
can take them home - for ex. a student was trying to get his mother to
stop smoking so he brought home material from the lung association....)
Connie Williams, Librarian. Kenilworth Junior High
998 E. Washington St.  Petaluma,CA 94952  707-778-4710
cowilli@eis.calstate.edu       fax: 707-778-7276

LM_NET Archive Home