Louise --

GREAT idea!  If someone takes each of the catagories, and the rest of us
route our ideas to those individuals, who then compose a HIT, it will
avoid all the cross-postings I was fearfully imagining would bog us down
completely.  Brilliant!

Before we start, I have two questions:

Ruth Rogers:  I'm not sure what you mean when you say you are putting
together a compilation.  Would what Louise proposes interfere with your
efforts?  How does this idea strike you? etc.

All:  I've gotten some more feedback on the subcatagories since my second
posting.  Someone wants to know if keeping the library budget should be
under "clerical duties"; I suppose it should.  Whoever takes on the
receipt of the ideas for a catagory should feel free to expand its
parameters as they see fit, etc.  Someone else wrote me that entering
MARC records should be included in something, and I suppose that would be
clerical, since ordering & processing is there.  The person wondered if
something so important should be relegated to such a lowly catagory as
"clerical".  Perhaps we should re-title "clerical" to sound more
executive -- how about "Administrative Duties"?  After all, a rose is a
rose ....

What do y'all think?

LM_NET Archive Home