On Tue, 10 Jan 1995, Sharon Wright wrote:

> A second grade teacher is looking for picture books with a theme along
> the lines of discrimination.  She wants books on other cultures besides
> African-American. We have already selected several books about
> African-Americans.  She also has Crow Boy and How My Parents Learned to
> Eat. I would appreciate any other titles you can think of.

How about CHOPSTICKS.  It's about a little kid who feels different at
school.  Not exactly discrimination.

Another one is I HATE ENGLISH.    I am home, so I cannot supply authors
right now.  I hope that is the right title.

        Tamah Graber
        Darnestown E.S.
        Darnestown, MD    tgraber@umd5.umd.edu

LM_NET Archive Home