Here are the results.  Hope they came through this time.
From:     Geri Moulton
Subject:  Re: hit: chinese new year
From:     gmoulton@FREENET.COLUMBUS.OH.US

According to the American Book of Days, p.146 -". . . the Chinese people ...
continue to regard the date given in the old Chinese lunar calendar as the
beginning of the new year.  According to that calendar, the year has 354
days and 12 lunar months, about half of them with 30 days and the other
half with 29.  In order to make the months correspond with the movements
of the earth around the sun, a 13th month is inserted every two or three
years.  The new year begins on the new moon and may occur at any time from
January 21 to February 19."

Geri Moulton Beechcroft High School Library
gmoulton@freenet.columbus.oh.us
6100 Beechcroft Road
Columbus,Ohio 43329        614-365-6800