A teacher just asked if I knew of a "reworking" of the story of Penelope,
the wife of Odysseus.  He's thinking of something in the tradition of
_Wide Sargasso Sea_ (Jane Eyre from the point of view of Bertha, the
crazy wife in the attic) or _Mary Reilly_ (Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde from the
housekeeper's viewpoint).  Does anyone know?  We have a class that is
reading those two in contrast with the originals, and other novels in the
same vein would be great to add to the list.

Thanks!

Anna Watkins
Paideia School
Atlanta, GA