> i'm having a good deal of difficulty weeding our very old
collection (most from the 60's) showing information about other
countries......i'd like to toss all of them and buy a complete new set! but
since they are the only ones we have. . . everyone is using them!
__
My philosophy is that even if those old history books from the 60s are being
used, if the information is grossly outdated and inaccurate, get rid of them!
We are not doing any service to our students by providing them with incorrect
information! If you have no money in your budget to update your book
collection, than rely on magazine articles about various countries, World
Newsmap from Curriculum ??(something or other) features various countries and
news around the world. Letters to embassies will provide you with travelogue
information. If your administrators see those empty shelves they might be
more inclined to help you fill them up.

LM_NET Archive Home