Mark D. Grueneberg --

Ten years ao, I was working at a library operated jointly by the school district
and the county. The library was located in Meeteetse, Park County, Wyoming
The population of the town was roughly 500, so I thought we were lucky to have
any library, let alone such a good one!  The entire school district consisted
of the one school, K - 12, and the county library system had a main library in
Cody with two branches (one in Meeteetse).  The two entities - county and
school district - had a contract which assigned responsibilities.  The library
was housed on the school site, with maintanance provided by the school.  The
county provided staff (an adult librarian and a children's librarian), and
both groups contributed a budget for new materials.  During the time I worked
there, we had no problems due to the mingling of school and public library
populations.  The system worked remarkably well.  You could contact either
the County Librarian or the district superintendent for more information.

Anne Mangels C/O John Mangels
jmangels@quiknet.com

LM_NET Archive Home