On Sun, 15 Jan 1995, Bev Sadoski wrote:

> I am also having a problem printing email using Pine.  I am using the IBM
> version of Microsoft Works 2.0 and have a Canon 300 printer.
>
> On Thu, 12 Jan 1995, William J. Frost wrote:
>
> > Could any of you netters give me some help on printing my longer email?  I'm
> > using a Macintosh with a Supra FaxModem 144 with Microphone LT to access
> > Pine on my university's server.  My printer is an HP 550C DeskWriter.
> >
> > Pine doesn't recognize the printer and I can only print one screen at a
> > time with Microphone.  I suspect I need a different communications software.

Group,

We use PINE via Tenet and an 800 number.  Short messages I can print
either on my Panasonic laser or Panasonic 24pin dot matrix (the laser is
faster), but because of tying up the 800 number, I export to a home file
and download longer messages.

One thing I have noticed when I do that is that frequently the word wrap
is "funny."  To correct that, I simply make the font smaller (go from a
10 cpi (characters per inch) to a 12 cpi -- "points" are opposite) and
the lines pop right into place.

I don't know what your problem is, but this might give you another approach.

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home