As of 1/16 AM, I rec'd 16 responses regarding if a security system was the
answer to stolen books.
10 said yes to a security system: comments:
     -not stop all stolen books
     -cost effective
     -spending $ on replacing stolen bks, can't buy new material to support
curriculum,impact on student achievement.
      -tricks will happen, to set off the alarm
      -don't make a big deal out of system, is there for a reminder to check
out books.
       -system should not be any problem to the honest people.

2 more said yes to the system, but they do not have one due to lack of
funding.
        comments:
        -no bookbags etc. not working
        -set up video, not work
        -college libraries and bookstores have security systems.

2 said no to security system, comments:
        -try to go the opposite route of the security system, make everything
so accessible that there is no reason to steal
         -Little faith in security system, people who want to take a book
will find a way
          -new system have, the trust system, we want to believe in their
(students) responsible behavior

2 responded and wanted to know the results,  they are dealing with same
issue.

Thank you all..and please, if others still want to respond, please do,
thanks.

Ques. was: Is a security system a means to stop stealing of books?  What
other options are out there?

Respond to:

Bunkie Wilson
bunkiew@AOL.COM