LM_NETTERS:
I'm glad to see a post on book loss and securitysystem.  I was going to
ask for helon that topic soon.  Our school has 1300 students and is
losing 200 books a year.  We are baely making any headway in building
our collection.This year we have taken several steps to save our
books, including not allowing booksacks in the library, watching students
more closely and having teachers who bring students in watch more closely,
a copy service to xerox things for stuents, a policy to let reference
books go out overnigh, and no charge at all for the ID's with which students
check out books.  We have little hope of getting a security system, but I'm
sure there must be more ways to sto book loss/thef that we haven't though
o. I know Bunkie has already posted a hit, but if you do have some other
ideas, I would bgrateful to get them.  Thanks.

Gail Hawkes                  library3@bit.csc.lsu.edu
Istrouma High School
Baton Rouge, Louisiana       ghawkes@scotmhs.fred.org