Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 11:46:11 +0900
From: Richard M. Pavonarius <richard@apic.or.jp>
To: CoSN Discussion List <cosndisc@list.cren.net>
Subject: E-mail address for children of Kobe

In addition to being able to send letters and drawings to the children of
Kobe via snail mail, APICNET has just set up an E-mail account for goodwill
messages:

                               KOBE@APIC.OR.JP

The snail mail address for letters and drawings is:

ATTN: Kobe
APICNET Secretariat
c/o Global Commons
Yamazaki Bldg. 3F 2-10-18
Okubo, Shinjuku-ku
Tokyo, 169, JAPAN

We will forward all E-mail and snail mail to schools in Kobe.

Late yesterday evening I received another message from Tohru Asai, a
teacher from Kobe Nishi High School.

>Last year when the earthquake occurred in Los Angles, the US government and
>volunteer organizations reacted quickly. I wonder why the Japanese government
>and public organizations here couldn't do the same.
>
>That's not to say the government and relief organizations here haven't done
>anything at all. I think they've made quite an effort, but the damage has been
>so widespread and the situation is so tragic that I can't help but feel sorry
>for the victims. We are looking forward to seeing what kind of relief supplies
>President Clinton is sending us.

Richard M. Pavonarius,  Coordinator |  Office phone:+81-3-3204-8104
Global Commons, Inc., Tokyo, Japan  |  Office fax:+81-3-3202-2414
    E-mail: richard@apic.or.jp      |  http://202.33.20.72/Richard.html

"One who lets slip by the opportunity to serve another misses one of the
richest experiences life has to offer." --Pali Text

LM_NET Archive Home