Hi from Twin Lakes Elementary School in Las Vegas, Nevada.  We are a
school of about 600 kids.  Our grade levels are pre-K through 5th.  We
have been actively using the Net for this school year.  Our 4th and 5th
grades have written to the White House.  They have also written to R. L.
Stine.  They were a feature on a local news broadcast when Comdex 94 was
in town in October/November.  They were called "pioneers", perhaps they
are.
Before Christmas, I was writing letter to a place in NJ that offered an
address for Santa Claus.  The first graders that wrote liked the answers
they got back.  One of our first grade teachers went to Japan before
Thanksgiving and needed information on time zones.  With the help of the
Net and Gopher, I was able to get a printout on time in Hongkong as well
as Tokyo.
I see the Net as walking into the Jetson's home.  I remember seeing Leroy
at school with his reportcard imprinted on his laptop computer.  That
day, it seems to me, is right around the corner.

Welcome to the future of education and technology.

Jaci

On Thu, 19 Jan 1995, Carol Burr wrote:

> Dear Netters,
>      I will be presenting a session on the Internet to my school faculty at
> an inservice session on Thursday, Jan. 26.  I would appreciate greetings
> from anywhere (near and far!)  Canned greetings are great, but if typing an
> original greeting, please tell us something about your school - location,
> grade levels, enrollment, etc.- and if you have time, and have done *any*
> kind of special project using the Internet with a teacher or certain grade
> level, please give us a brief description.  We are just *breaking in* to
> technology here, and I think my faculty would be impressed to know how
> far-reaching LM_NET is!  Thanks in advance...
> Carol Burr
> Goodlettsville Elementary
> Goodlettsville, TN
> burrc@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us