    At the private school my daughter attended the librarian had a
"Birthday Book" program.  She ordered books and made them available.
Students' parents were encouraged to donate a book to the school libraryon
the students birthday.  The student selected a title from those available,
a book plate was placed in the book in the student's name, and the students
were featured in the school newsletter.  My daughter was very excited about
this.  She was the first one to check out "her" book and she kept an eye on
"her" book while she was at that school.  This was certainly not a big
fundraiser, but it did help add to the collection.
          Carolyn Cothran, LMS
         Pine Forest Elem. School
         Jacksonville, FL
         Cothrac@mail.firn.edu