Dear colleagues on LM_NET,

        Following the heated discussion of late December, (still going
on...) about the role of teacher-librarians, the forwarded message below
might be of interest.
Cheers,

Michelle Larose-Kuzenko         Teacher-librarian/
Sun Valley Elementary               Technology coordinator
125 Sun Valley Drive            Enseignante-bibliothecaire /
Winnipeg, Manitoba                  Coordinatrice de telematique
R2G 2W4

River East School Division #9           "School Libraries
Phone: (204) 663-7664                      are playgrounds
E-mail:  mlarose@minet.gov.mb.ca              for curiosity"

>                      NEW ATLC PUBLICATIONS AND SERVICES
>                      **********************************
>
>The Association for Teacher-Librarianship in Canada (ATLC) has recently
>developed a selection of flyers drawing attention to the various
>publications and services that are now available from the Association and
>would like to ask for your help in distributing them.  These flyers
>describe:
>
>THE MANY HATS OF THE TEACHER-LIBRARIAN, a selection of papers written
>last summer by students at Memorial University, Newfoundland, that reflect
>current research in key areas (e.g., advocacy, technology, instructional
>development, school improvement, staff development).
>
>THE ADVOCACY DISK, a collection of files, on disk (IBM and Mac formats),
>that
>will provide teacher-librarians with a selection of resources (articles,
>contacts, ideas) that can be adapted and used in local advocacy campaigns.
>
>WINNERS, a collection of co-operatively planned and taught units developed
>by
>teams of Canadian teachers and teacher-librarians.
>
>IMPACT BY SUBSCRIPTION, a service for those who would like to subscribe to
>ATLC's quarterly newsletter, Impact.  A subscription includes a year's
>membership in ATLC.
>
>THE WIN A FREE AIR CANADA TICKET DRAW, available to all those who are
>members of ATLC on April 1, 1995.
>
>THE SHOPPING GUIDE, a compilation of all of the above.
>
>MEMBERSHIP BROCHURE, describing the goals and activities of ATLC.
>
>All flyers contain information about prices, ordering and payment options.
>
>ATLC would like to have these flyers distributed as widely as possible.  If
>you will be attending a meeting in the near future, or have some other way
>in which you would like to share this information with colleagues, please
>let me know the quantities of each flyer that you would like me to send
>you. If you would like copies for your own use, or would prefer to run off
>copies yourself, then simply ask for single copies of the flyers that you
>are interested in.
>
>A GENTLE REMINDER
>Please send your reply to me personally, at the e-mail address given below!
>
>Angela Thacker
>Executive Assistant, ATLC
>angela_thacker@mindlink.bc.ca

LM_NET Archive Home