From: clathrop@univ.dbq.edu

This weekend I am teaching an introduction to educational resources on
the Internet to a class of education students taking a class in Adaptations.
(For those of you who, like me, never took a class like this, it is
intended to teach K-12 teachers how to adapt their classes to special needs
students--including talented and gifted, learning disabled, and mentally
handicapped.)

Can you please send me your one or two best hot tips on how these
prospective teachers can use the Internet in the classroom, any level,
but with a special emphasis on talented and gifted or other special needs
students?  It would help to have these by Friday, but if you think of
something later, go ahead and send it.  I can always forward messages.

Please use "adaptations class" in your subject line.  It would be helpful
if you could begin your message with the intended level or need:
Examples:  TALENTED AND GIFTED, ELEMENTARY
           LD, JUNIOR HIGH
           PRIMARY GRADES
Then I can sort them before I pass them on.  Because we do not have an
LCD panel, I will reproduce these for the class.  I am asking permission
of anyone who sends me a message for permission to photocopy all or part
of what they send.  I'll try to post a summary later.

Thank you very much in advance.  You have been very helpful in the past.
Carolynne Lathrop                 E-mail: clathrop@univ.dbq.edu
Curriculum Library
University of Dubuque
Dubuque IA 52001