Dear Netters,
   I am a library clerk who works in a K-6 district of about 2000
students.  I currently work in 4 of the 8 buildings within our district.
This year I am assisting 2 of those schools with March Reading Month
Activities.  Last year we had a very successful month using the themes
"Go Banana For Books" and "Go Ape Over Reading".  This year our theme is
"Find Your Treasures at the End of the Reading Rainbow".
   My question is: Does anyone have ideas that might go with that theme?
We try to set up daily activities that center around reading.  Some of
the things we've come up with are newspaper scavenger hunt, story
builder(we will givve the Kind. a story started they will add a few
lines, then it goes to first grade for them to add something, then to
second, etc), special reader day(teachers dress in costume in the pm and
switch classes to read), and so on.
   If you have any ideas that might help us please e-mail back to me.

                                      Thank You,
                                      Tammy Bushey

LM_NET Archive Home