I need your help in finding the names of companies that will do you
conversion of the card catalog.
I am a first year librarian and have just accepted a position at a
small catholic school.  The school is K-8 and has an enrollment of
380.  I believe the library has approximately 7000 items to be
converted.
They have started doing this conversion on their own last year with
parent volunteers and a program written by a church member.  I
mentioned to the principal that we could have the whole catalog
converted by a contracted company and have the whole conversion done
by the end of the next school year if not sooner.  This year they
managed to get approximately 650 items on line.  I don't have any
specifics about the hardware except that it is IBM compatible.  Right
now they are only doing an automated shelf list and are automated for
circulation.  The future holds online catalog and searching
capabilities.  I am sorry if this message is long and not very
specific.  Basically I need some vendors to contact that would do a
card catalog conversion for a small collection at a fair price.  We
have approximately $3,000 to do this conversion.  Please e-mail me at
the following address if you have any  vendor names, addresses, and
telephone numbers and/or have dealt with a similar situation.

Thanks in advance,
Joyce Richards
Holy Cross Catholic School
Overland Park, KS  66212     e-mail    hjsn31b@prodigy.com