What do you mean by "barcoding?"  Application of a barcode number only?
With or without a protector?  Has the data already been entered or will
you be verifying it as you put baracodes on?  If the data has already
been entered, do you have to match the barcode to the specific book?

If the data hasn't been entered, will you be writing the barcode number
on the shelflist card for later entry?

Sue Weiss
Ballard HS Librarian
Seattle, WA
(206) 281-6010
sweiss@cks.ssd.k12.wa.us

On Mon, 17 Jul 1995, Melinda Miller-Widrick wrote:

> We are just beginning the automation process and are going with
> Mandarin.  I have two libraries which will need barcoding by fall and my
> superintendent wants to know how long it will take me.  I have
> approximately 6000 titles in each collection.  One is a K-6 library and
> one is a 7-12 library.  Each has an aide.  I'm looking for the
> approximate number of HOURS necessary to do this.  If you can give me a
> ball park figure as to the number of hours it took you, I would really
> appreciate it.  Please also let me know how many titles you have.  Thanks
> very much.
>
> Melinda Miller-Widrick, LMS K-12
> Colton-Pierrepont Central School
> Colton, NY 13625