I certainly would hate to find out that we have people on LM_NET who have
nothing better to do than file lawsuit for something like this.  Surely,
there is some small job in the library that still needs to be done....

I think we are all in this together, learning from each other.  Please
don't blow my perceptions of this wonderful list!

Beth Ross
Southlake, TX

On Sun, 30 Jul 1995, Kim Tison wrote:

> I appreciate the replies from all of you about my question on tables of
> contents being copyrighted.  My sending of that question and the details I
> gave made one of the other librarians in my district nervous.  She said
> that someone might read my question, be able to find out which district I
> am from and perhaps file suit against us for our past practice, even though
> discontinued.  She also said that she read that there is an 800 numberwhich
> people can use to report those in violation of copyright law.  Is any of
> this likely?  I did not mention the name of my school district.  Paranoia
> runs deep.

LM_NET Archive Home