I read in the Internet Yellow Pages (2nd ed) about something which looks
pretty neat for introducing elementary and secondary students to the Internet
by doing a Scavenger Hunt.  Here is the description as given in that book:
 Students:  Learn how to use the Internet by looking for stuff.  Yes, there
is a lot of stuff out there, and it is your job to find it.  Check out
Scavenger Hunt for some cool stuff to look for."
I have attempted to find this item on a daily basis but have had no luck.
 Has anyone out there used this item?  This is the info given in the book:
  Gopher:
     Name:  Schoolnet Gopher
     Address:  gopher.schoolnet.carleton.ca
     Choose:  SchoolNet Gopher
         1 Virtual School
          1 Recess
          1 Scavenger Hunts
Sometimes I have tried keyword search for SchoolNet and I always receive
"Internet error."  Once I did receive a menu listing for a bunch of schoolnet
stuff which looked good but could not get any of the folders to open.  I
tried to send a message to the address listed but rec'd "invalid address."

If anyone has used this or knows anything about it I would certainly
appreciate your help.

LM_NET Archive Home