Jean,
        I tried mailing this to you directly but it can back.  SOrry
everyone to crowd your mail.

        I am not sure if this will help you but in the magazine
_Educational Oasis_ there was an article on _Sign of the Beaver_.  I am
not sure of the month.  It was either March, April, or May pages 14-21.
I would love to teach this book so if you get any further information I
would appreciate it if you would send it.

Thanks,

Jennifer L. Bertovich                   bertovic@umd5.umd.edu
Wiley H. Bates Middle School            (410) 263-0270
Annapolis, Maryland  21401

    \ | /
    --O--     Walk towards the sun and shadows will fall behind.
    / | \

On Thu, 1 Jun 1995, Global SchoolNet wrote:

> Newsgroups: schl.sig.lmnet
> From: cjmacalp@llwcny.ll.pbs.org (Jean Macalpine)
> Subject: Sign of the Beaver teaching guide
> Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 17:37:52 GMT
>
> Does anyone have a unit for teaching Sign of the Beaver that could be
> incorporated into library skills, research, etc?  A fifth grade teacher and
> I are going to jointly teach this novel.  I will provide author background;
> as well as any appropriate research skills.  I was thinking about some
> background research on Maine, early colonial life and customs.  Any ideas
> would be most appreciated.  Thanks ahead of time.  Jean MacAlpine
> --

LM_NET Archive Home