Mary --

According to Carol Gilligan's work, men <in general> have an "us against
them" philosophy of life, and women <in general> have an open,
accomodating, inclusive philosophy, it seems natural to me that men would
prefer the rather stereotyped good country/bad country themes of Tom Clancy
books.

All right, go ahead, flame me  %:)

Shellie Mueller
entiat@u.washington.edu

P. S.  As a card-carrying member of the Jane Austen listserv group, I can
testify that we've just been having a no-holds-barred discussion about
whether/why serious Jane Austen fans seem to be predominantly women.
Much discussion about the "inner life" as opposed to
action-packed-thriller "outer-events life" modes ....

LM_NET Archive Home