After reading some of the messages sent to me (some of which scorched the
screen!) I really fear that many overlooked the fact that my comments were
NOT about the members of this list, but an observation of a trend I've
noticed in the population IN GENERAL.  Of course members of this list are
not the same as the general population.  Our profession has has been in
the forefront of computer use in our schools in almost every case. But I
do feel that my comments about males being more involved with computers is
quite true and can be supported by numerous statististical studies.  Many
male computer users DO use computers for recreation and pleasure, and most
female computers users do not.  Most women want to use the computer to
acomplish something rather than to tinker. Please remember that this
refers to the population in general, not the members of this list.  This
isn't a value judgement, just an observation!

Have a good summer.

Mark Williams
Colton High School Library
<mwillia@cello.gina.calstate.edu>
"Too bad life isn't a holodeck experience."

LM_NET Archive Home