I just read a great short story by Barbara Wilson called "Il Circo delle
Donne," in which a woman runs off to join the circus.  I'm now in the
middle of Sula, by Tony Morrison; it's terrific.  Let's not forget Dorothea
Brooke (Middlemarch) and any of Jane Austen's later novels, particularly
Persuasion, or the Brontes, including Charlotte B's Villette, which often
gets overlooked.

Karen G. Schneider, Blue Highways Internet Services
kgs@intac.com  Cybrarian/Internet Trainer
Actually, I *am* speaking for the company...
Visit Karen's Kitchen at http://www.intac.com/~kgs/