Alas, since I went to work at a year-round school a couple of years ago I
ceased to get summers off.  Yet when the hot weather arrives I still
pretend that it is vacation time and enjoy sitting by the pool with a good
book.

My nomination for summer readingis a true life techno-thriller that is
perfectly suited for lm_netters.  The Cuckoo's Egg by Cliff Stoll is the
story of a scientist at the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory who uncovered a
German spy ring while doing network administration on the computers at
work.  Cliff is a great storyteller and his book reads like an action
novel.  You will also learn an amazing amount of information about the
internet.

Henry Gordon (hgordon@telis.org)
Librarian-Media Teacher
Samuel Jackman Middle School