Thanks to all who replied to my query on punctuation. Got it! Feel much
better! (I'm a recovering perfectionist, but I find I still have a ways
to go. :)) Someone's mention of Clyde Edgerton's _Walk Across Egypt_
reminded me of another writer whose stories are equally "down home" and
absorbing. Jon Hassler's work is set in the upper Midwest and I think
anyone with ties to that part of the world would especially enjoy his novels:
_A Green Journey_, _Grand Opening_, _Staggerford_, _North of Hope_,
_Simon's Night_, _The Love Hunter_, and young adult novels _Jemmy_ and
_Four Miles to Pinecone_. And, no, I am *not* Mr. Hassler's agent-- just
an enthralled reader!

LM_NET Archive Home